Welcome to the libTorrent and rTorrent Project
- rTorrent - The ncurses client
- rTorrent User Guide
- libTorrent - The BitTorrent library
- Mailing lists
Please support further development by donations through PayPal.
LibTorrent is a BitTorrent library written in C++ for *nix, with a focus on high performance and good code. The library differentiates itself from other implementations by transfering directly from file pages to the network stack.
Issues and bugs
This release consists mostly of bugfixes and improvements done for Xirvik Servers as part of a sponsorship agreement to improve their performance and stability. Xirvix's rtorrent setup has been tested and verified by the main developer of rtorrent.
Includes fixes to various tracker related issues.
Development of this project will be moving to git, with subversion repository tracking the git repository.
RTorrent and libTorrent packages are both available for the following Operating Systems and Distributions:
- Debian : in Debian testing/unstable: "apt-get install rtorrent"; see latest unofficial versions from the maintainer.
- Fedora : Run "yum install rtorrent" or "yum install libtorrent" to install (it's in Fedora Extra's)
- Gentoo : in Portage; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- Mandriva Linux : the latest packages are available from the Cooker contribs.
- SUSE Linux : latest packages available from Packman for libTorrent and rTorrent.
- Ubuntu : in Ubuntu Dapper; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- ArchLinux : in the Arch User-community Repository; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- Crux : in the Crux Ports DB; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- Lunar-Linux : in the moonbase; to install just "lin rtorrent"
- Sourcemage GNU/Linux : do a "cast rtorrent" or "cast libtorrent"
- FreeBSD : in FreshPorts; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- NetBSD : in pkgsrc; net/rtorrent.
- OpenBSD : in ports; net/libtorrent and net/rtorrent respectively.
- OpenDarwin : in ports; net/libtorrent and net/rtorrent respectively.
Please report any package related problems to the package maintainers. Listing of a package here does not imply it has been tested or approved by the author.
This is not the same libtorrent project as the one found on SourceForge.
Feel free to add content as I'm probably not going to write much ATM. Some kind of user guide would be really nice. By commiting tickets, wiki changes, etc. on this site you agree to license them under the GNU GPL. Remember to add a short comment describing the changes. Some pages are locked, feel free to mail me with any changes.
This project is developed by Jari Sundell, "Rakshasa", a student of computer science, math and japanese at the University of Oslo. He can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org or
#email@example.com, also an unofficial help channel may be found at #firstname.lastname@example.org which should be used for user-support. If you didn't get a reply to a mail sent to this address, it may either mean he is busy or that you should have searched the ticket tracker/mailing list.
If you like this project and would like to support the author then consider donating through paypal. The author is also willing to take bribes in order to change the priority of requested features.